A missionary leaves her family for a short time, so that those she teaches may be with their families forever!”

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

One Month Gone!



Hello all !!!

How are you doing? Congratulations to Jacob and Sarah. Is it fun having the little girls there? I bet it is. I'm sorry my letter won't be very long today, I don't have much time. I really love getting all your letters. The wedding sounds like it was a lot of fun, Mom...
It's so crazy to think that I've already been out a month (as of Saturday). I didn't even realize until Elder Claridge (my DL) said something about it yesterday. And I'm halfway through my first transfer. I had my first exchanges this week with the Sister Training Leaders. It was really fun, I met a lot of really neat people in their area, and I learned a lot. We still have only one baptismal date, but I think we'll have another by tonight.

We have had such a great time getting to know the people here. They really are the best. I haven't had much southern food yet, but I did have fried catfish. It was an interesting experience. That's all I've had though. 
We made cookies yesterday with the last of my chocolate rocks. So we have chocolate rock cookies. They're very good.

It really has been super fun out here. I learn so much. But there is so much to read and learn that I don't feel like I have enough time to do it all. I'm just glad I have all 18 months to get through a lot of the things I want to. I started reading the Book of Mormon and marking the things in PMG pg 114. I think all of you should try to do that in your own spare time. Just get a fresh copy and go through it. It is so cool. It also gets pretty addicting. Good luck!

Dad, have y'all started the missionary bingo? I want to hear how it goes for you, the kids in our ward love it and love bringing it out to show us when we come over for dinner. 

Mom, I love getting the spiritual thoughts from the meetings you go to, they sound so good. One thing a family does every time we go to eat at their house is tell us one thing that we learned that day, he says that if the spirit does not teach us something every day, then we have to fix something. I'm still working on that. 

Good luck to all of you in the things you are doing. I miss you so much, but it is so worth it. Boys, get out here as soon as you can. This is such a learning and growing opportunity, and it is so worth it. I don't even know the half of it yet, but I know that this is the best place for me to be right now. Good luck at work, in school, with your friends, and at home. Every moment counts, and make it all worth it. I love you all!!

Love, Kimber
This is Phil, we found him on the side of the road and Sister Hirschi
really wanted him. He didn't fit into our trunk and barely in out back
seat.
I got home late last night, so this is a day late, sorry. With my brother's wedding, I totally missed her first month mark! I remember that being a big deal when I was a missionary! Who'da thunk it would already be one down?

No comments:

Post a Comment