A missionary leaves her family for a short time, so that those she teaches may be with their families forever!”

Monday, April 24, 2017


So much sugar!

 Hello family and friends! This week was again...great! Ok, so I'm actually really tired and have no idea what to say today, or rather how to start. We were very busy this week, but pretty much every appointment fell through. There were good time and bad times. And of course the ongoing drama in the lives our our investigators as Satan tries to sabotage their lives while they are being introduced to the restored gospel. It's crazy stuff. But there were many beautiful moments when we went in to an appointment armed with the Spirit and the love of Christ for these people and then a beautiful lesson ensued completely lead by the Spirit and exactly what they needed at that time. And then we leave that home having been perfectly obedient in how long we were there and why we were there and the Spirit says good job, you are a true missionary at this moment. This is what we do. We go in when they need us, and give them a beautiful and comforting piece of doctrine that will change their lives if they do it, and then promise to help them and we do all we can, but it is ultimately up to them to make the change. They have their agency to act or not, and sadly many do not put their trust in God and just do it, but sometimes they do. And those are the ones we are here for. I remember a particular moment as we left one lady's home and as we walked down the hall away from her apartment I felt the truth of what we do. It is our job to be the Lord's hands on the earth. And we were there for her and Him at that time. The fight is real. And the choice is ours for which side we want to be on. There is no fence sitting, it does not work to pick and chose which commandments to keep, and which ones to forget about. "If not so, God is a partial God, and also a changeable God, and a respecter of persons;" (Moroni 8:12) but he is not! He is consistent. He expects the same from each of us. His commandments are "adapted to the capacity of the weak and the weakest of all saints." (D&C 89:3) they are meant to challenge us, but all can follow them. "For when I am weak, then I am strong." (2 Corinthians 12:10) and if that doesn't make sense then you'd better study it because it is so true. Every time I think I figured it out apparently I haven't because then the Lord teaches it to me again. But at the same time, that's when I need it, I'm so grateful for those moments when I get to learn it again because then we have those beautiful lessons, that is when I really am a missionary because I am not the one doing it, I am too weak to touch their hearts, but I must be humble enough to bring the Spirit with me to those lessons so He can touch their and I follow Him. And it works!

Ok, less serious stuff, sorta, this week we took a deaf member out teaching with us. And it was amazing!! She has the most beautiful testimony. It was so wonderful to read her share it, and she signed the prayer and it was too beautiful to put into words even though we had to for the person we were teaching. Wow, nothing beats how beautiful it is to see such a sweet testimony signed. The re was more felling in those signers that I can put into words. I wish I could sign like that, and maybe sometimes I can, but that would be something the Spirit would do through me, because He did it with her and I was floored by how amazing it was. And it really touched the person we were talking to.
And yesterday Sister Brumett sang "I Feel My Savior's Love" in sacrament meeting and it was wonderful. I also got up there and I signed it for the deaf members of the ward. They loved it! And it was great for them to have their own presentation that would mean something to them. More than just a beautiful musical number for the hearing people that they always get, but something specifically for the deaf to enjoy. It was really neat.

Many beautiful things this week. "To learn and improve is to repent." (Safeguards for Using Technology pg. 20) One time this week we sent this to our investigators and a few members:
  "This is beautiful! When Nephi's brothers were confused about the prophet's revelation, Nephi's counsel was so perfect: 1 Nephi 15:8; 'And I said unto them: Have ye inquired of the Lord?' How simple!
 "We have the Lord's promise in Moroni 7:26; '...And as surely as Christ liveth he spake these words unto our fathers saying: Whatsoever thing ye shall ask the Father in my name, which is good, in faith believing that he shall receive, behold it shall be done unto you.' The Lord promises to always answer our prayers as we ask in righteous faith.
  "We love that the Book of Mormon testifies of Christ!
  ~Beckstrand&Brumett~"

I love the gospel. I love how simple it is and how complex. It's great!

Love y'all!
Kimber
P.S. Lemon cake. (Huh?? I don't understand this inside joke?)

Sister Beckstrand

Love them!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment