A missionary leaves her family for a short time, so that those she teaches may be with their families forever!”

Thursday, January 21, 2016

Surprise letter! Snail mail even!

I found a surprise in the mailbox when I got home from work today - a LETTER from the MTC! What fun. Here is most of it transcribed:

15 January 2016 (So just two days after she went into the MTC!)

Dear Mom,

I am really enjoying my time here. The sisters in my district are really fun. 3 of us are going to Arkansas, and the other three are going to West Virginia (I think). There is a lot of food here. I am eating 3 meals a day. It's kind of weird. I always take more than I can eat though. It really is a lot of food.

We spend all day going from class to class and have personal and companion study. Sister Fogg and I are learning a lot about each other. She is from Las Vegas, originally from Maine. Her and Sister Decker are going to Arkansas.

Last night I played the piano for the opening hymn in one of our meetings. Then I was assigned as the music coordinator for our district and do the stuff you do for Sacrament Meeting. I'm a little excited about it. I really like music enough to appreciate this job/assignment. They hae a place where you can check out instruments from the MTC, but they don't have any violas. It makes me a little sad. But it's ok. I don't have time to do anything.

We had service this morning. Sister Fogg and I washed windows. That was fun, and we laughed a lot. This morning has been a little relaxing. Other than the getting up a bit earlier. We had to get sack lunches because we are supposed to go to the gym today after breakfast. I'm not sure what Sister Fogg and I will do for gym, but we said we would do something.

It snowed last night. So now we walk through snow to get to all our meetings and other things. Sister Fogg is so funny, after washing windows she left her coat in our residence because she didn't need it, but I took mine. She said that you'd think she's the one from the colder place instead of a desert. And here I am, from here, freezing. It was funny.

I have to go now, so I'll write again soon. I love you!

♥/Kimber

No comments:

Post a Comment