A missionary leaves her family for a short time, so that those she teaches may be with their families forever!”

Monday, July 3, 2017

Happy 4th of July!!!

These pictures were texted to Mom last week!
Sis Beckstrand & Sis Anderson


She got baptized!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(The woman Sis Beckstrand & Sis Brummett were teaching
before the transfer)
This week was so fun and crazy! We had so much going on! Monday we just hung out and then saw some people in the evening. We actually had a pretty interesting lesson sitting on the ground in front of the temple. That was pretty neat. Tuesday we had a fun district meeting. We have a senior couple in our district! They are really fun. I like it here! The  we did some studies, had a great lesson with a part member family, the kids are getting baptized this Saturday by the way, so that's exciting. Then in the evening we had a lesson with this super nice couple. The husband had done some research of the Book of Mormon and couldn't quite agree with it. But his wife understood everything we had to say in answer to his questions about it. They were super kind, but he did not understand and it was so sad. But if there is ever a question, all you need is 2 Nephi 33:10-11. That is the simple truth, and Moroni 10:3-5 is the key to make it work. The step that was missed was to just read it. Just like President Monson said in this last General Conference, there is "...power of the Book of Mormon and [there is a] critical need...as members of this Church to study, ponder, and apply its teachings in our lives. The importance of having a firm and sure testimony of the Book of Mormon cannot be overstated.
"...If you are not reading the Book of Mormon each day, please do so. If you will read it prayerfully and with a sincere desire to know the truth, the Holy Ghost will manifest its truth to you. If it is true--and I solemnly testify that it is--then Joseph Smith was a prophet who saw God the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ.
"Because the Book of Mormon is true, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the Lord’s Church on the earth, and the holy priesthood of God has been restored for the benefit and blessing of His children.
"...If you do not have a firm testimony of these things, do that which is necessary to obtain one. It is essential for you to have your own testimony in these difficult times, for the testimonies of others will carry you only so far."
And it is so true! I am so grateful for my personal testimony and love for the Book of Mormon.

Ok, then on Wednesday we had Missionary Leadership Counsel in NLR, and I was amazing. That was President Wakolo and Sister Wakolo's last day in the mission. It was so full of love and the spirit and revelation. I love the things I have learned from President Wakolo. I have learned of love and leadership and of becoming a disciple of Jesus Christ, and there is nothing I love more. That was such a fun day, and I learned a ton, and we got home at 9 pm, so that was all we did that day.

On Thursday we went out to Jackson to do a blitz with the sisters there who are whitewashing this transfer. We had a lot of fun with them, and their area is about an hour and fifteen minutes away, so that took up a large chunk of the day as well, then we finally got to do some work in our area. It was fun.

This whole week was so fun and full of revelation. I have felt the need to study more modern revelation because that is where we get the most things that apply to our lives today. And I learned a lot when I read the talk by President Monson. Also it was really dumb on Friday because I ended up having a pretty bad headache all day, but we accomplished much, and had a really good dinner with some killer hush puppies, mmmmmmm. But then that night I could not sleep, and around four in the morning we had to call a member in the ward and ask them to come give me a blessing. After that I was able to sleep, ("I revere the priesthood. I have witnessed it's power time and time again. I have seen its strength. I have marveled at the miracles it has wrought." President Monson 2015 April General Conference) and we had a pretty good day on Saturday. And a really great lesson with the family that we are helping get baptized this Saturday. But the best part of that day was when we got to go to the temple and help clean, an they really needed us because barely anyone come that day. Everyone is out of town for the 4 of July.

And yesterday was really rough, nobody wanted to open the door. They would peak through the blinds and decide they didn't want to talk to us and not open the door. So dumb! But after a long day of all that rejection we were tired, and I was pretty annoyed, which is also dumb because I'm supposed to be Christlike. So, as we were driving home at the end of the day I saw this couple sitting out in their driveway, and the Spirit told me to pull over and talk to them. Sister Anderson was writing something down and I was tired, I didn't want to.  But the Spirit is perfectly diligent, and He knows me. We turned around and went and talked to this couple, and they were beautiful. They were so excited to talk to us and I loved being able to share the Book of Mormon with them and promise that that will answer the questions they were asking us. We even got to give them a copy of The Family: A Proclamation to the World. They loved it! Silly Sister Beckstrand, just listen to the Spirit and your day will be better!

In closing today, I want to quote the final part of President Monson's talk to the world as the Holy Prophet of the Lord Jesus Christ, "...I implore each of us to prayerfully study and ponder the Book of Mormon each day. As we do so, we will be in a position to hear the voice of the Spirit, to resist temptation, to overcome doubt and fear, and to receive heaven’s help in our lives. I so testify with all my heart in the name of Jesus Christ, amen."

Love y'all!
Kimber
The ride home in the transfer van. It was a long ride, but lots of fun
when we were literally stopped on the road for about two hours
(we inched along for most of that time), the elders in front
got out and handed out copies of the Book of Mormon
all along the highway. It was a lot of fun. 


Sisters Beckstrand & Anderson

Sister Ellis!!!!
(Former companions)

Good bye President Wakolo! We love you!!!

Memphis?

The Mississippi!

No comments:

Post a Comment