A missionary leaves her family for a short time, so that those she teaches may be with their families forever!”

Monday, March 14, 2016

A wet, fun, busy week





...(Chatter about what the family is doing at home.) I love that the boys are doing so much, even though I'm missing it all, I love to hear about it.
 
This week has been just crazy. It rained a ton, and there were a lot of flash floods. Our weather radio went off a ton warning about floods, and last night there was a tornado warning,. We almost had to go spend the night somewhere else because we live in a second story apartment. But the thunder was so cool. It was so wet this week. I was very grateful to have an umbrella. 
 
We found a really awesome family that is so ready to hear the gospel. They even read the Book of Mormon when we asked them to. They even have a baptismal date for the 9th of April. It's a mom, and her two kids, a 12 year old boy and a 9 year old girl. The 9 year old, S, is really interested in the Holy Ghost. We also had a great member present lesson with them again. They were supposed to come to church yesterday, but didn't make it. We haven't had a chance to talk to them about it yet. 
 
But, T got confirmed yesterday. His mom didn't come though. We've only seen her 3 times. There were five confirmations, and we got a whole new bishopric yesterday. It was crazy. And really sad, but exciting. The old bishop was awesome, and he got really emotional the whole meeting, especially when he was giving his testimony. We went way over the time. It was a really good set of meetings. Then there were a tone of people out of town, most of whom were interpreters, or deaf people. There was just Brother Foote and Sister Hirschi and me to interpret for the one deaf couple that was there. So Sister Hirschi and I interpreted for Sunday school and relief society. It was nuts, but really fun. (Maybe I can give it a try when I get home, right mom? ;) only if I remember it though.) 
 
J (the part member family) is going out of town this week, but he moved his baptism up to the 26th of this month instead of the 9th in April so that one of his brothers in law could still be there. This guy is so cool. He also told me about something called "praise flags" and I gotta say, I really want to try it out. 
 
Members feed us a lot, and I have enjoyed all the food they have made, even the potatoes!! There have been no baked potatoes so far though. I'm wondering if I'll like those too if someone ever serves them. Oh well, there is a lot of good food here. (This from the girl who won't eat french fries, potato chips or baked potatoes or nearly anything else potatoes; amazing what a changed state of mind can do!)
 
One thing Sister Hirschi is a big fan of is getting people's story. I love hearing everyone's story of how they met, how and why they joined the church. Especially the older people. They have the best stories. So fun. 
 
It has been a wet, fun, busy week. 
 
Love Kimber 

Phill and I are good friends ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment